The Township Treasurer is responsible for tax billing and handles all payments.
- Click here to PAY PROPERTY TAX WITH CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD or ELECTRONIC CHECK ***Please note a transaction fee will apply – 3% for credit or debit card or $3 for electronic check
- Click here to look up property assessments, tax bills & receipts (taxpayers may look up their own property data for free)
- Taxes are mailed July 1st for the summer and due by September 14th without interest
- Winter tax bills are mailed December 1st and must be paid by February 14th to avoid penalty
- After February 28th, current year taxes are payable to the Otsego County Treasurer at 225 W Main Street, Gaylord, MI 49735; call the county treasurer’s office at 989-731-7560 for the correct payoff amount.
- The Township Hall is not open for tax payments; a payment drop box is provided at the Hall
- Mail payments to Hayes Township Treasurer, PO Box 2238, Gaylord, MI 49734
- Owners of multiple parcels may pay their taxes with 1 check
- Tax payment receipts are mailed to all taxpayers with the winter tax payment showing both summer & winter tax payments. Summer tax receipts are mailed upon request